Thursday, June 12, 2008

Western New York! PART 1

So, I've been sick for the past two weeks, overlapping by one week with my two week vacation to Buffalo, New York. Here are some photos from Niagara Falls:

We started out around noon driving around an looking at some lighthouses (will post photos later), then headed on over to Niagara Falls. Here you can see the mist from the falls at a distance:
Through the Car Window

Before we went over to the park, we had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe (I picked up a cute T-Shirt in the gift shop). After lunch, we made our way over to the park and to the falls. Here are some preliminary ripples along the bank of the Niagra River:
Ripples


The rapids as we get closer to the falls were amazing... this is only the second time I remember ever being near a waterfall, and the first was (in my opinion) not nearly as impressive:
Rapids


Pretty cool, huh?
Rapids at Niagara Falls


And the drop:
P5270147


Here you can see the falls themselves, at last:
The Falls Side View

And a little woodchuck right up near the falls:
WoodChuck

Woodchuck2


I snapped this shot from the observation deck:
The Falls From the Observation Deck2

A little bit extreme in my opinion:
Going to Extremes...


This is my favourite shot, I can honestly say that Niagara Falls is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life:
The Falls From Below- Full Size


The Maid of the Mist boat tour:
Maid of the Mist Boat Tour


Lol:
Modern Ashtray


Canada:
Canada

The Falls again:
The Falls From Below


I took nearly 400 photos on this trip, so stay tuned for more! : )

No comments: